Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tiny pity party

When I cry, ever since B.W. died, my tears smell like rubbing alcohol. I'm sure it's some kind of post-traumatic link to the day he was born. Perhaps, my brain is remembering and triggering the alcohol prelude I endured for each and every needle poke in the hospital. Anyway, there has not been a time in the last 2 years and 5 months when I've cried and NOT smelled rubbing alcohol. Mostly I am okay with it because I feel closer to him in a weird sense. But, yesterday when I cried I was just angry. Why can't my post-traumatic link be the sweet baby smell of my firstborn? It's just more than unfair.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you are hurting. Rubbing alcohol isn't the worst smell in the world, but it is certainly part of an entirely different category than "new baby" smell.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete